Since Most Has Been Said.
1. Most has been said that a man has in his head,
2. With hope this is engraved on paper that this isn’t the end.
3. Hope’s sun, however, shines like a bulb in the dust,
4. Only the most optimistic will realise its existence.
5. The metaphors, the similes – all that’s fair has fared its place.
6. Acute ideas need now be revolutionised,
7. The driest of thought needs now be milked out.
8. These words may not make the greatest sense,
9. Fully bringing to life the seventh and eighth lines.
10. Better say little than sound like a scratched cd,
11. Only faith and hope will bring about a next poem –
12. A writer in his autumn, at the very near end of his wits;
13. Only hope and faith remain when guarantees of writing come to a dry end.